October 16, 2013

Summary Trip Melaka - Kuala Lumpur - Penang - Singapore


This is my very first time traveling abroad outside my beautiful country, Indonesia. Traveled for a full week from 13th to 19th September 2013. I spent only 160 USD (less than 2 million rupiah). It's even more expensive when I went to Bali.

For me, traveling is not only to see the places but also to know how the people live. It's even more interesting when I interact with locals. Singapore and Malaysia are part of ASEAN. Especially Malaysia, they have same culture with Indonesia. Due to there are so many places to go in Malaysia, I choosed Melaka, Penang, and Kuala Lumpur as my destination.

Lemme share my journey..


 

Melaka / Malaka / Malacca, is one of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. I do love this small town. People were very friendly. Climate was also good (a bit hot but it's okay). I Spent only a night there and it's not enough. I came to Melaka on Friday, where there is a night market selling foods, clothes, etc. Spare some money if you like to try unique foods. I also met some new friends from Japan and Nepal. They are all friendly as well. We spent an hour walked down the night market. We took so many pictures too. I stayed at Sama-Sama Guesthouse. If you come to Melaka, I recommend you to stay there. A homey Guesthouse with friendly staffs. You got beyond what you pay. If you want to, don't hesitate to rent a bike. Spent a day traveling around Melaka riding a bike is priceless.

From Melaka I went to Kuala Lumpur. I stayed at Paradiso Bed and Breakfast, which is very closed to Bukit Bintang MRT Station. Nothing special in Kuala Lumpur. But I can't forget the touts in Puduraya Bus Station. He such a wierdo. Followed us all the way we go. Very annoying. Be careful.

From Kuala Lumpur, I went to Penang. As well as Melaka, Penang is one of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. But I didn't get along well with Penang. I love the town after I leaved. Why? FYI, there are so many THIEVES in Penang. Especially in Rapid Penang CAT FREE BUS. Fortunately, we already know their existance so we hold our bag tightly. But unfortunately, we saw some tourists were theft. WE SAW IT BUT WE DID NOTHING. You know why, because one of the thieves warned us by put his finger on his lips and said "ssstt". Fvck. The thieves will not do it alone, they will do it in a group of more than 10 people. First, they decide their victim. Second, they distract their victim's concentration by gathering around the victim. Only a few seconds, boom..your phone or wallet was stolen. Third, when you realized it, the thieves will also tricked you by saying 'Oh we just saw the thief, he just alight there, go chase him'. You know, the thieves are all in the bus. No one alight from the bus. Very frustating. IMHO, do not put your phone or wallet on your pocket. Put it on your bag and hold it tightly. Be very careful. But, I loved George Town. I loved the food. And I loved every single moment I spent in Penang. I stayed in Muntri House. Highly recommended.

From Penang, I went to Singapore as my final stop. Someone said "Big cities are all the same". Nothing special. I stayed at The Sleepy Kiwi in Kampong Glam, Bugis. I do love Kampong Glam area especially Hajilane, which is full of beautiful shophouses. No need to buy. Just saw them.

That's mine. What's yours? Lemme know.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment